If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty meal that will leave you feeling satisfied, then you should definitely consider making a New York strip steak. This steak is perfect for those who love the taste of beef but also want something that is healthy and nutritious. By following these simple steps, you can easily create a delicious and tender strip steak that will satisfy your palate.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Liberally season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and sear for 3–4 minutes, until a golden brown crust forms. Flip the steaks and sear for 1–2 minutes on the other side, then add the butter, shallot, garlic, and thyme to the pan. Baste the steaks with the butter and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- If the steak isn’t cooked to your liking, transfer to the oven and cook for 3–5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Set your steaks out on the counter for 30 minutes before cooking. This allows the internal temperature to come up slowly, and allows the meat to cook more evenly.
Rub the steaks on both sides with olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper, both sides. Preheat your pan over high heat. This will allow you to get that great outdoor grill sear right on the stove top.
Add the meat to the hot pan and LEAVE IT in place so it can get fabulous caramelization. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the meat is done to your taste. For a rare steak, cook to 125 degrees F, Medium Rare to 135 degrees F, Medium to 145 degrees F, Medium Well 155 degrees F, Well Done to 160 degrees F.
Add the butter and garlic to the pan and baste the meat a few times.
Remove the meat to a plate, tent with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes while you make a quick pan sauce.
Slice the steak, against the grain, into thin slices.