If you’re looking to hook up your Nintendo Switch to your television, there are a few things you’ll need in order to do so. First, make sure that your Nintendo Switch has a port that is compatible with the television you plan on using; many televisions have HDMI ports, while some have USB ports. Next, make sure that your Nintendo Switch and television are both properly connected to the internet; without an internet connection, you won’t be able to use any of the features or games on your Nintendo Switch.
How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV
Connecting your Switch to a TV is one of the easiest ways.
- Put your Switch inside the Dock
- Now connect your HDMI cable and the Power cable on the back of the dock
- Now, plug the other end of the HDMI cable on the back of your TV
- Turn on the Nintendo Switch, the light on the dock should light up
Connecting a Nintendo Switch to a TV
- Plug in the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Open the back cover of the dock and insert the USB plug into the AC adapter port.
- Connect the HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the dock’s HDMI Out port.
- Remove the Joy-Con controllers from the console.
- If you haven’t done this yet, now is the time to detach the controllers from the console.
- Place the console to the dock.
- Once you’ve turned the dock on, place the Nintendo Switch console inside the dock.
- Connect HDMI to TV.
- The other end of your HDMI cable should be plugged in to your TV’s HDMI port.