Electric smokers are popular because they’re easy to use and clean up. All you need is hot water, a damp cloth, and some dish soap. These tips will help keep your electric smoker clean: -Before using your smoker, make sure it’s completely dry. -Wash the components before use with hot water and dish soap. -After smoking, empty the ashtray and clean the grill with a damp cloth. -Remove all residue from the drip tray with a dry cloth before re-installing it in the smoker.
How to Clean Electric Smoker Before First Use
The process isn’t challenging, but it takes a long time. The time shouldn’t matter because you don’t have to sit with your smoker while it’s being cleaned.
- Turn the power button on,
- Set the temperature to its highest, and set the timer for 3 hours.
- It’ll remove any unhygienic residue inside the smoker and make your smoker clean.
- Once it cools down, wipe it with a damp cloth,
- And your smoker is ready for some meat.
How To Clean an Electric Smoker
You probably use your outdoor smoker all of the time. I know I do. It can develop into a mess with all the dirt the wind carries.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the smoker clean.
- You can use oven cleaner if you want. But, it’s not necessary, to be honest.
- To clean the glass door, you can use a glass cleaner if you wish.
Discard any of the residual food from the electric smoker.
Make sure to cover your mouth with a face mask. This will prevent you from inhaling the spores of the mold. These measures will save you from an allergic reaction.
Heat up your electric smoker at the highest temperature. It will burn off all the mold and grease. Now, you will see black-brown debris on the grill.
Let the temperature get down and scrape off the burnt grease and mold.
Wash the electric smoker and grill inside with a mild scrubber and soap.
Lit up your electric grill one more time. This is a precautionary step. It will burn the residual grease and mold.