Looking for a delicious and healthy meal? Look no further than these Greek lamb chops with lemon yogurt sauce. These lamb chops are full of flavor and will leave you feeling satisfied. The lemon yogurt sauce makes this dish extra special, providing a tart contrast to the sweet lamb.
Lamb is preferred because of its versatility, and lamb can be baked, grilled, stewed, or prepared in any way you want to enjoy it. For this recipe, we baked the lamb, but you can also choose to serve it grilled instead. Whichever method you choose to use, make sure your lamb is being seared properly; this adds texture and savors the dish.
Lamb is very abundant in iron and is a high-quality protein source. It contains all five amino acids necessary for growth and maintenance in the body. The average serving portion of lamb would provide 20% of the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) intake for men and 12% for women.
Greek Lamb Chops with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- For The Lamb Chops:
- 12 lamb loin chops
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Squeezed lemon juice one lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary or tarragon
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Basil or cilantro for garnish
- For The Lemon Yogurt Sauce;
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Sprinkle of chili pepper
- Sprinkle of cumin
- Lamb Chops:
- Create a marinating sauce for the lamb chops by combining the vegetable oil, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients well until a thick paste is formed. Place lamb chops into the mixture and allow to marinate for at least two (2) hours, overnight will be best.
- Once marinated, add lamb chops into a heated oven safe-pan with two (2) tablespoons of vegetable oil. Allow lamb chops to cook for approximately three (3) minutes or until they are brown on both sides.
- Place the pan into a preheated oven at 400F and cook for ten (10) minutes.
- If Grilling:
- Place lamb chops on grill and allow each side to cook for five (5) minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish cooked lamb chops with basil or cilantro and a side of yogurt sauce.
- Yogurt Sauce:
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, black pepper, chili pepper and cumin and mix into a thick paste.
- Serve chilled.
In conclusion, Greek lamb chops with lemon yogurt sauce are a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish. The tangy lemon yogurt sauce pairs perfectly with the succulent lamb chops, and the whole meal can be prepared in under 30 minutes. So why not give this tasty dish a try tonight?